ClayHouston Member Show
613 1/2 W 19th Street
Houston, TX 77008
September 24, 2016 Call Opens at submittable.com
October 15, 2016 Application due
October 23, 2016 Work dropped off at gallery
November 4-27, 2016 Show dates at [Tea+Art]
November 4th, 6-9PM Gallery Opening
November 27, 2016 Pick–up unsold work at the gallery
Eligibility and Media
This exhibit is open to all current ClayHouston members. Each work must be made mainly of clay with other media taking a minor role in the piece. Each artist can submit up to 3 pieces. Wall mounted work must not exceed 48”x 48”. All wall mounted work must be delivered ready to hang. Non-wall pieces must fit on a 24”x 24” pedestal. Each piece must be accompanied by appropriate hanging hardware. Please note on your submission page if any stand is included in the price.
The exhibition will be installed by one or more people associated with [Tea+Art]. The show will run from November 4-27, 2016.
Submit the completed application form and the entry fee of $35 on Submittable.com.
Guidelines and Specifications
· Works will be juried from digital images. These should be good quality, professional images, at least 300 dpi, sized so the largest dimension is 6 inches (1800 pixels), stored as JPEG files. You may submit one full image and one detail or alternate view per work.
· Name image files with the surname of the artist, followed by the first name, and name of work. (example: smith_john_bluevase.jpg).
·Each entry must have a title, materials and techniques description, dimensions, a retail price.
·All work must be for sale.
· PLEASE check to make sure all files are complete and will open in their respective software. Please adhere to all format/file type requirements.
· All artists will be required to submit artist statements and/or biographies with their submission.
· By entering the Member Show, each artist gives [Tea+Art] permission to use the submitted digital images for publicity purposes.
· Any work that differs appreciably from the submitted images can be rejected at the discretion of the reviewing committee.
Awards will be given for one Best of Show ($100) and two Special Merit Awards ($75 each).
Delivery of Work
All work must be delivered in a stackable box or bin with a lid and packed securely. Label the box with your name, name of piece and attach a photo of your work to the outside of the box.
[Art+Tea] will take great care in handling all work. The artist is responsible for insuring work while in transit (both ways).
All pieces entered in the show must be for sale. The commission rate is 50%. Any orders received as a result of [Tea+Art] will be subject to the standard 50% commission. Please quote RETAIL prices on the submission form. Checks for work sold in November will be mailed on or before December 15, 2016. [Tea+Art] is not responsible for work left past December 11, 2016 at 5:00 PM.
All works must remain for the duration of the show. [Tea+Art] reserves the right to photograph work for publicity purposes. Submission of the entry application signifies the artist’s understanding and acceptance of the rules and conditions of the show. ClayHouston and [Tea+Art] reserve the right to disqualify accepted work if it differs significantly from the images submitted or is found to be objectionable in any way.
Opening Night will be Friday, November 4, 2016 from 6:00‐9:00PM. All artists are welcome to attend.
Feel free to contact Michelle Matthews (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any further questions.